Friday, December 16, 2011

L is for Love

I recently made a very exciting purchase...  I call it more of an investment ;)  I have been wanting a Chanel bag for a long time now and decided to take the plunge (especially with a rumored price increase happening early in the new year and no sales tax!).   I was in the Nordstrom at Downtown Portland for a really long time making my decision.  The amazing sales associate was so patient and helpful with me!  I couldn't help eyeing her amazing taste in fashion as well too (a fab Rick Owen's leather jacket, lace up boots, and a beautiful Chanel scarf...) so I knew I was in good hands.  Since this is my first bag she suggested starting with a classic style.  Being the busy holiday season, they were running out of a lot styles quickly but she pulled this Reissue style out of the back and it was love at first sight.  I love being able to carry this bag as a cross body in addition to a shoulder bag.  It's the larger size (similar to the classic jumbo flap) but smaller then the bags I'm used to carrying.  It holds my wallet (and its a big one), iPhone, glasses, and a small cosmetics bag; all the essentials!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this bag is gorgeous- definitely an investment piece- what a classic! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous? Gorgeous. Emily, it's nothing short of spectacular. Please show us how you style it?
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! LOVE the bag and awesome that you got it tax free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! Oh man, I love it so much. I think my next bag will be the reissue. It's such a gorgeous bag and will last you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats congrats congrats!! she is GORGEOUS you're going to get a lot of use out of this beauty!

    you are so lucky.. i have the old black dust bags the new white ones with karl lagerfeld's coco chanel drawling is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete